YC5 Train the Trainer (Zoom) Liverpool MHSTs and Work-force ONLY
26/01/2021 - 29/01/2021 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Parents and carers play a pivotal role in promoting the knowledge, skills and environment that can help children cope with adversity. Supporting families has a dual role in strengthening parent’s and children’s resilience.
We recognise parents as experts on their own children; this course is designed to be supportive and build on the knowledge, skills and expertise that some parents and carers already possess.
Staff receiving this training will subsequently deliver this training to parents and carers to:
- Give parents and carers the knowledge, empathy, skills and tools to promote resilience and wellbeing for children and young people
- Strengthen parent’s and children’s resilience
- Increase confidence and parental ability to support their child
- Improve parent/child relationships
During the course you will:
- Understand young people’s mental health
- Think about what makes us thrive
- Develop family resilience
- Understand why we feel the way we do
- Develop skills to support your children.
Once trained, trainees will then provide a 5-session zoom course to families and carers in a variety of settings such as community, work, youth and education settings.
The evaluation of Youth Connect 5 Programme has been carried out by Liverpool John Moores University and that can be accessed here
The summary report of the evaluation can be accessed here
The promotional video which highlights the efficacy of YC5 can be found here
There are assigned places and the decision to approved will be made by the Acting Clinical Lead MHST & YC5 team.
This training will run over 4 sessions and will include presentations (all sessions will need to be attended for completion of the training).
Bookings are closed for this event. You can register your interest for future events.