02nd & 03rd December 2019 Train the Trainer YC5 – Liverpool school staff @ Merseyside Youth Association
02/12/2019 - 04/12/2019 All Day
Merseyside Youth Association Ltd
65-67 Hanover Street Liverpool
Parents and carers play a pivotal role in promoting the knowledge, skills and environment that can help children cope with adversity. Supporting families has a dual role in strengthening parent’s and children’s resilience.
We recognise parents as experts on their own children; this course is designed to be supportive and build on the knowledge, skills and expertise that some parents and carers already possess.
Staff receiving this training will subsequently deliver this training to parents and carers to:
- Give parents and carers the knowledge, empathy, skills and tools to promote resilience and wellbeing for children and young people
- Strengthen parent’s and children’s resilience
- Increase confidence and parental ability to support their child
- Improve parent/child relationships
During the course you will:
- Understand young people’s mental health
- Think about what makes us thrive
- Develop family resilience
- Understand why we feel the way we do
- Develop skills to support your children.
Once trained, trainees will then provide a 5-session course to families and carers in a variety of settings such as community, work, youth and education settings.
There are limited places and the decision to approved will be made by the Authority Lead & YC5 team.
Bookings are closed for this event. You can register your interest for future events.