Workforce Skills and experience required
Trainers who take on the responsibility of delivering the Youth Connect 5 training would be expected to have the following experience and skills:
- A good understanding of mental health and mental health problems and resilience, social and emotional skills and mental health.
- Experience of delivering training to groups.
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work sensitively with people from a variety of backgrounds, including professionals and people with mental health diagnoses.
- The ability to establish and maintain credibility and a positive professional profile.
- Good timekeeping and organisational skills.
- Commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
- Emotional resilience and ability to constructively manage stress.
- The ability to deal confidently with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Willingness to follow instruction and receive critical feedback.
People would also be expected have the willingness and capacity to:
- Deliver, or co-deliver, five training sessions, to a minimum of 20 parents/carers within the defined geographic area.
- Prepare appropriately for delivery, before the date of each session.
- If co-delivering, meet, or liaise with the co-trainer to discuss delivery, before the date of the training.